My new cookbook Apricots and Apron Strings is a unique selection of lively recipes that are so thoroughly tested they will help you create beautiful food at home.
I have selected over 70 of my favourite recipes, from country favourites cooked with my family, from days writing for the Nine Networks What's Cooking and magazines such as House & Garden, Super Food Ideas and Good Taste, from creating test kitchen recipes for Coles and Dairy Australia, from times travelling and cooking abroad, and more recently from running my own cafes and catering business.
These recipes fall into six chapters within the book;
- breakfast and brunch - readers will find my much-revered sweet and savoury muffin recipes. Cafe regulars will now be able to bake these much asked about muffins at home.
- finger food, snacks and savouries - you must try my revolutionary yeast-free pizza dough, for never-fail pizza in no time at all.
- salads and soups - featuring a popular cafe favourite, pumpkin, coconut and kaffir lime soup, which like many of my recipes, comes straight from the specials board of our earlier iconic cookbook store.
- the main course - features a delicious quick Thai chicken curry finished with pungent fresh Thai basil.
- cookies, scones and slices - raised in the country and passionate about home baking, this chapter contains some memorable sweet treats. I find it hard to go past my grandmothers's traditional melt-in-the-mouth yo-yo's
- cakes and desserts - from espresso syrup cakes to kaffir lime and coconut cream pie, and after years of tinkering, my best-ever chocolate cake.
I'm sure you'll find this unique selection of recipes equally as pleasurable in the making as in the eating.
Apricots and Apron Strings is independently published in Melbourne, and printed with vegetable dyes on 100% recycled paper.
Cookbooks can be purchased by either dropping into one of our cafes or ordering online through this site, just visit the BUY page and follow the prompts.